Wednesday, December 26, 2012

What I've Been Up To

It's been a long time since my last post, basically because there was no sewing going on here. The reason was not a missing mojo or anything more deeper than that, but a simple lack of time. I very much meant to get something together for the baby boy I'm expecting, but it was quite an ambitious plan for someone with about a thousand items on a to-do list :-). 

But I have not lost my sewing-related ambitions altogether. I was sorting out all the sewing stuff laying everywhere around the house, to be prepared for sewing during the maternity leave. Am I too naive to think I'll actually have time to sew with a baby "on board" :-)? If yes, please, leave me in this unaware state of mind for a bit longer. Thank you :-).

In the meantime, I've got some more learning material, so that I am ready to get my sewing skills to the next level. Which means any level at all, because usually I am only following instructions included in a sewing pattern or help myself with a smart book or a DVD, but I'd like to be able to know what sewing technique to use in diverse situations without feeling basically clueless most of the time ;-P...

So, this is the newest addition to my learn-to-sew library and I am pretty much looking forward to watch and actually use these. As someone who learns to sew mainly (and presently only) from books and DVDs, a good book or a DVD can make all the difference.


I have to admit, that I tend to prefer DVDs to books, because I find it to be a foolproof way of showing a sewing technique and the next best thing to a living human teacher when there's not a real one available. I discovered my love for the DVDs after bumping into these on the internet and from that time on, I managed to get some more.


So, as you can see, I am well prepared - my fabric and pattern stashes, as well as books and DVDs pretty organized and waiting to be used. I don't see me sewing in the next month (my due date is in the second half of January), but I hope to get to it as soon as possible.

In the meantime and until the next post,  
have a beautiful Christmas Holiday
and a Happy New Year 2013!

source

3 comments:

  1. A very happy Christmas and New Year to you! Congratulations on the imminent new arrival. Such wonderful news. Whether you will manage to find time to sew with a little one to tend to - only time will tell, but I do hope that your sewing dreams do come true. At least you have plenty of information to watch while rocking the baby. (Mine always slept well during sewing shows on tv! Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just wondering today if you had the baby. Make sure and let us know as soon as you can when the baby arrives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby Adam has arrived on January 16. No time for blogging or sewing so far, but I'll be back as soon as possible. In the meantime I will at least be in touch with the sewing world through blogs of other blogging sewers :).

      Delete