Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Clothes That Make My Heart Skip a Beat

I've spent some time on the Style.com website to have a look at how the Spring 2013 trends are interpreted in collections of various fashion designers. Among the trends to keep an eye on this Spring are:

* graphic prints, including stripes
* neon colors
* exotic prints and textiles, often combined in patchwork looks and multilayer garments
* leather and leather details
* lingerie look, lace and transparent, sheer fabrics
* ruffles and flounces
* power suits

There are a couple of fashion collections that have caught my eye and I chose three I find amazing and I just couldn't NOT make a blog post about them :).

The first collection that makes my heart sing is the Zac Posen Spring 2013 RTW one. It is a masterpiece full of very feminine elements - beautiful dresses, light fabrics, floral patterns and shine and ruffles everywhere.

















Badgley and Mischka Spring 2013 RTW - another fabulous collection in pale, muted colors, with a touch of metallic fabrics and lots of flowy materials. Very elegant and sophisticated. What's not to like...














The third collection I have to talk about is Gucci Spring 2013 RTW.  Again, very feminine, but unlike the first two collections mentioned, this one is in black, white and strong neon colors. The feminine puffy sleeves, flounces and flowy fabrics are in an interesting contrast with the strong colors and make the whole collection stand out from the crowd.
















I hope you have enjoyed the eye candy :).

Is there a trend or a fashion collection that keeps you inspired this Spring?

1 comment: