Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Today was the first Mother's Day when I could call the day mine as well :). My little son Adam will be 4 months old this week and although the four months are not a time long enough to maybe fully understand what it means to be a mom, it definitely gives you an idea - it's a tough and underpaid job, which requires your full attention 24/7 - physically and emotionally. It doesn't sound like a good deal and sometimes it even doesn't feel like one, but at the end of the day, when you see your child getting smarter and happier day after day, you get your well deserved reward - a big toothless smile (or in my case, a very surprised face expression ;D).

March 2013

Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there :)!

11 comments:

  1. He is so very precious. Hope you had a lovely first Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rhonda and Irene! He really is the cutest baby ever - in my very impartial opinion as his mom ;D...

    ReplyDelete
  3. a smile can make the heart of a mom to melt..
    he is so adorable.. I love mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, he definitely is :D. Motherhood is not the easiest thing in the world, but it's also not comparable to anything else in the world, so that is pretty much a compensation for the tough part :).

      Delete
  4. Oh, he is delightful. Hope you are getting more of the good days than the bad days of new motherhood. Enjoy your baby and (hopefully) some sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). It's only the baby (enjoyment), no sewing so far :(. Adam is a pretty demanding baby, he needs to be entertained all the time, so I couldn't make a single stitch since he was born. But I am already soo sewing deprived, that I reeaally need to arrange some time for getting back to it :).

      Delete
    2. Zuzana, I remember so well the time when my first one was little and I thought I would never EVER have any time just for myself again. I sometimes found that time really, really hard. But your son will get more independent and you will get to do more sewing at some point! Enjoy life until then!

      Delete
    3. That pretty much sums up my impressions as a mom so far :). I do have occasional 20 minutes here and there for myself, but anybody who has ever sewn knows, that it is not enough even for unfolding a pattern from a pattern envelope :)... On the other hand, a baby is a baby only for a very short time, so I don't want to miss that either. But as I am getting used to the new lifestyle, I will probably stop seeing the laundry time as the time I just had for myself :D and I think I will eventually get to sewing too :).

      Delete