I still need to work on this jacket a couple more hours, but it looks like I am coming to the finishing line. The outer shell and the lining are sewn together, except of the sleeve and lower hem areas and I need to buy buttons to be able to create suitable buttonholes, but otherwise, it looks like this might end up like a wearable jacket :-).
This really isn't an easy pattern - it is not terribly difficult to sew up, but it's pretty time consuming. On the other hand, it gives me more self-confidence and trust in my sewing abilities, seeing that I am able to create something elaborate and more complicated than a simple t-shirt :-).
The interfaced fabric, especially in the pocket area, where sometimes four or even more layers meet, creates quite a lot of bulk, so I hope I'll be able to tame it and get a nice crisp lower hem.
The one area I was most afraid to sew was probably the collar and lapel area. Firstly, I don't have experience with this kind of a collar and secondly, I was anxious that I wouldn't be able to get a symmetrical result and ruin all the hours of work with two badly curved lapel sides. Fortunately, I think I managed to do it quite right and have got a decent looking jacket front. Yay :-)!
But the battle is not yet won. I will tell you a little secret I have - I have never made a single buttonhole (if I don't take into account that one test buttonhole I made to try out my sewing machine abilities...), so this is going to be the last minefield of this jacket to go through.
See you sewn ;-)!