Sunday, January 23, 2011

Spring 2011 Vogue Patterns

I am not sure when was the time that I first saw the new Spring Vogue Patterns collection - (somebody, and I am sorry, but I don't know who, published on her blog some scans of the to-be-released collection), but as soon as I did, I fell in love with quite many of the patterns. It might be because I - for some unidentified reason - love dresses, or because the styles are so pretty, feminine and cute, but according to my opinion, this is the prettiest Vogue collection since I began to participate in the sewing world. 

Sooo, I was impatiently waiting for a SewingPatterns.com sale and placed my order like 5 minutes after I spotted the announcement of the sale in my e-mail box :-D. 
I know that I am not the only blogging sewist who likes these, but I can't not show them here once more :-):

Vogue 1233. This pattren might not be overly spectacular or innovative, but I really like the interestingly used collar, and the fabric and buttons used in this particular picture make the dress (and pattern) an object of my desire :-).   


Vogue 1219 and 1221. These two patterns attract me mainly for one same reason -  the wrap bodice style. The first one is - in my eyes - a picture of daily elegance with the stand-up collar and shirt-like look. The second one looks very feminine and romantic. The soft color of the dress looks very pretty against the model's skin tone - I really like the styling. 



Vogue 1220. I LOVE this dress - it was love at first sight. The only concern I have in relation to this pattern is, that the smallest size offered is 8 and while my lower body might need even a number 10, if not 12, size 8 is usually too loose for my upper body, so I hope some size adjustments won't ruin the dress's cut. 


Vogue 1232. I don't know what is not to love about this dress. Feminine, pretty and flattering.


Vogue 1223. The actual pattern (the bodice) is in this case a little bit hidden in the fabric's colors, so although I love the fabric, it's worth to have a look on the pattern's lines. Again - very feminine and romantic.


Vogue 1230. I like the sleeves and neckline.


Vogue 1231.  The big bow on the back makes this pattern very cute. I think I would look much older in this choice of fabric than I actually am, but the model can definitely pull it off. I think that this dress has some potential even if the peplum would be removed.


These are definitely not the only new Vogue patterns I like, but if I talked about all of them, this post would be too long to to keep anybody's attention :-). Even mine :-D. 

Have a great week and happy sewing:-)!

1 comment:

  1. They really did add some great new patterns to their collection for spring!

    ReplyDelete