I've been quite productive - sewingwise - during the last three days and completed two new garments. Having a couple of weeks off from the job is great - it's only now that I can see how much my job is standing my life in its way :-D.
I've completed the Simplicity 2754 dress I was blogging about a couple of weeks ago. There are only buttons missing, which I intend to buy tomorrow, hopefully.
The other piece of clothes I have finished is a Burda blouse. I had a piece of a flowery fabric which I purchased quite recently and I felt it would be perfect for a blouse. I looked trhough my stash of Burda magazines and came up with this pattern from BWOF 9/2007 - 101. I wanted something with simpler lines, since the fabric pattern is already quite busy.
The fabric I used was very flimsy - the type I hate to work with. Since I am still a beginner, I still have to learn how to tame such type of fabric properly. I used (for the first time) french seams on the side seams, the sleeves are finished with an elastic and I used my coverlocker (coverstitch machine) for the hem. The pattern was not very difficult to sew with, the only challenge was the fabric - from cutting, through fusing some parts for a reinforcement to actual sewing with it.
And here is the end result.
|sorry for the deer-caught-in-the-headlights expression :D|
Tomorrow I plan to finish the mentioned Simplicity dress and start with another knit top. Since it is another simple pattern, it shouldn't take me too long to sew it up.
Happy sewing to everyone :-)!