Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holiday Sewing Plans

I hope everyone is having wonderful Christmas / holidays!


On the last pre-Christmas day - December 23 (we celebrate Christmas on December 24, having a traditional dinner), I went to buy some necessary sewing supplies for my Christmas holidays, so that I wouldn't miss anything when the days of my temporary freedom (not going to work) come along. I only wanted to buy some threads, but as quite often, I left the shop with a couple pieces of fabric, which had my name all over them. 

I've got about two meters (more than two yards) of white heavy knit fabric, which I plan to use for this Vogue 8305 top. The pattern is available only OOP now, but I was lucky enough to find and purchase one from Etsy. I would have probably left this pattern unspotted, if there wasn't for Tany of Couture Et Tricot, who used this pattern to make a lovely dress.  


The next two pieces of fabric are knits as well, both sporting the same pattern, but in different colors. I couldn't decide between these two, so I ended up buying tem both. I visualize them being transformed into wintery tops. Vogue 8451 (view A with long sleeves or view B) and Butterick 5562 (view B) are being considered as potential winners. Since the Butterick one is one of the newer releases, there are no reviews with helpfull tips on PR yet. Hmm.

The last one is a heavy knit fabric as well and while standing in the shop, I had no idea what to do with it, I only knew I wanted to have it. Yeah, greedy me :-). I think it might be a great dress, so I've bought enough of it to make one when the right time comes along.  I have already put some tought into it and maybe this vintage Butterick pattern could be a good starting point.



Since I won't go to work until January 10 (yessssss, *making very happy faces*), let the I-can-do-whatever-I-want days begin!! :-)

Happy holidays to everyone! :-)


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous fabric choices! Yes, I know the feeling well - out to buy just thread - come home with a bag full of fabric.

    ReplyDelete