Monday, December 20, 2010

Pre-Christmas Treat No. 2

Since there was a blog called Pre-Christmas Treat No. 1, it is quite logical that I planned to write at least a No. 2, but I had no idea that it would take this long. 

I have to confess, that as much as I love sewing, I also love reading about sewing. Sometimes just reading about it, reading sewing blogs or reading about some sewing techniques makes me feel as if I was actually sewing. Does that make any sense :-D? It comes in handy especially when I have no possibility to sew, becuse I can always carry around a little book or a magazine and make use of it when waiting somewhere for something (in a bus, at a doctor etc). And of course, since I still have a lot to learn, I always learn something new when reading about sewing.

These are my excuses for the continuing process of buying literature and DVDs on sewing (*pulling an innocent face*). So, the arrival of a box with a set of Sew Stylish magazines and two DVDs  (Teach Yourself To Sew and Couture Techniques Workshop - Basics With Claire Shaeffer) pictured below, made me very happy a couple of weeks ago, although this time I had to pick them up from the customs and pay additional taxes for having them shipped from the USA :-/.



The bad thing is, that I haven't had enough time for reading or watching these properly. I began to watch both of the DVDs, which I like so far, but only after watching them from the beginning to the end, I'll be able to say my final verdict :-). And that's why I can't wait for the Christmas Holidays to begin for me, because that's when I plan to do all these things I wasn't able to do during the last (too many to count) weeks. So, for those interested in the DVDs, I'll write a review on them.

I managed to cut the fabric for the Simplicity dress I blogged about the last time, but that's what I have so far. The flu made me otherwise ineffective for a majority of the weekend. Which is "great", because one doesn't have much to do around the Christmas time, right ;-)...?

Have a wonderful week! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment