Friday, December 31, 2010

Vogue 8451 Top

I finally completed my first holiday project - the V8451 top. I used the knit fabric from my last post to sew it up and it is "an instant gratfication" project. The pattern is easy to sew with and I am quite happy with the result. 

I think the top looks quite like the drawing on the pattern envelope, maybe except for the neckline. For me, in the picture it looks like there is a separate piece of pattern forming the neckline, something like a ribbing, but there isn't. The neckline is only topstitched, holding the neckline facing inside the finished garment. I topstitched it in two rows.

I made some alterations to the sleeves. I made the view A with puffy sleeves, but to make the sleeves long, I combined the cap of the sleeve A and used the lower part of the sleeve C. I also shortened the sleeve cap by 3 centimeters in comparison to the original view A, to have the puffy part shorter than the original sleeve A.

Overall, an easy pattern to sew with and for not much work - in comparison to other patterns maybe, you get quite an effective result.

See you in 2011 :-). 


  1. Wonderful job on that top. You look fabulous!

  2. Thanks a lot, Irene and have a wonderful new year!

  3. Sophisticated and stunning version of one of my favorite knit patterns! You could wear anything and still look fab!